The Alabama A&M Bulldogs (0-7) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first victory when they clash against the Austin Peay Governors (3-4) at Winfield Dunn Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs at Austin Peay Governors Free Preview
The last time the Bulldogs played, they were beaten by the Georgia State Panthers, 63-53. Andre Kennedy had a solid performance for Alabama A&M, finishing with 10 points and nine rebounds. Georgia State had a better turnover percentage (15.7 vs. 20.3). Alabama A&M, meanwhile, held the Panthers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.7 (below their season average of 29.2).
The Governors are trying to rebound after their 79-63 loss to the Oklahoma State Cowboys in their last game. With 15 points and 11 rebounds, Austin Peay’s Terry Taylor put together a solid outing. Oklahoma State was lights out from beyond the arc (11-27; 40.7 percent). Austin Peay, meanwhile, did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (15-21; 71.4 percent).
It will be a battle of conflicting styles as the up-tempo Governors will look to push the more half-court-oriented Bulldogs. Dating back to last season, the Governors rank 69th in possessions per game while the Bulldogs are 286th.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs vs. Austin Peay Governors Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Austin Peay, ATS Winner – Austin Peay, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 303rd in rebounds per game (32.3) while the Governors rank 233rd in rebounds allowed per game (36.6).
- Alabama A&M ranks 292nd in assists per game (11.2) while Austin Peay ranks 274th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- Austin Peay ranks 74th in blocks allowed per game (3.0) while Alabama A&M ranks 237th (4.2).
- The Governors rank 129th in steals per game (6.4) while the Bulldogs rank 290th (3.8).
- Austin Peay ranks 215th in three pointers attempted per game (20.0) while Alabama A&M ranks 318th (16.1).