The Akron Zips (3-1) clash against the Illinois State Redbirds (2-2) in the Cayman Islands Classic at John Gray Gymnasium. The game gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 20, 2018.
Akron Zips vs. Illinois State Redbirds ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Redbirds were beaten by the Georgia Bulldogs, 80-68, while the Zips lost a close one to the 16th-ranked Clemson Tigers, 72-69.
Akron held Clemson to an effective field goal percentage of 0.529 (below their season average of 0.613) while Illinois State had a better turnover percentage (16.2 vs. 17.9). Milik Yarbrough was a key piece for Illinois State with 20 points and eight rebounds. Akron was led by Loren Cristian Jackson, who contributed 25 points.
Akron Zips vs. Illinois State Redbirds ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Illinois State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Akron ranks 24th in three pointers attempted per game (26.7) while Illinois State ranks 235th in three pointers allowed per game (23.4).
- The Zips rank 126th in assists allowed per game (12.9) while the Redbirds rank 243rd (14.5).
- Illinois State ranks 117th in steals per game (6.5) while Akron ranks 147th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- The Redbirds rank 68th in blocks per game (4.1) while the Zips rank 229th (2.6).
- Akron ranks 161st in rebounds allowed per game (34.9) while Illinois State ranks 304th (39.1).