The Air Force Falcons (10-13, 5-6 MWC) will be at the Thomas & Mack Center to go head-to-head with the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels (12-11, 6-5 MWC) in a MWC matchup. The game starts at 10:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 12, 2019, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
Air Force Falcons at UNLV Runnin’ Rebels ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Runnin’ Rebels got blown out by the Fresno State Bulldogs, 83-65, while the Falcons beat the Wyoming Cowboys, 81-76.
Air Force dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.8 (below their season average of 23.8) and a turnover percentage of 6.7 (better than their season average of 19.1). For those same stats, Wyoming was 6.9 and 17.6, respectively. UNLV, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.8 vs. 16.6). Kris Clyburn played well for UNLV, contributing 15 points and five rebounds. Air Force was lifted by Lavelle Scottie, who contributed 34 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Ryan Swan led the Falcons to a 106-88 victory. He recorded 22 points and nine rebounds. The Falcons’ 7.3 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Runnin’ Rebels, who had a rate of 9.8.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Runnin’ Rebels rank 13th in offensive rebounding percentage (37.2 percent), while Air Force ranks 34th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.4 percent).
Air Force at UNLV ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Unlv, ATS Winner – UNLV, O/U – Over
- UNLV ranks 17th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while Air Force ranks 238th (24.9).
- The Runnin’ Rebels rank 150th in steals per game (6.0) while the Falcons rank 194th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- UNLV averages 13.4 assists per game, which ranks 142nd in the NCAA. Air Force ranks 173rd in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- The Runnin’ Rebels rank 37th in rebounds per game (38.7) while the Falcons rank 240th (33.1).
- UNLV ranks 46th in blocks per game (4.3) while Air Force ranks 204th (1.7).
- During their last five games, the Falcons have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (0.4 above their season average).
- The Runnin’ Rebels have been outscored by an average of 11.6 points in their last five games. On the season, UNLV has defeated opponents by an average of 1.2 points.