The UC Riverside Highlanders (2-6) will be at home in Student Recreation Center when they square off against the Air Force Falcons (5-4). Air Force is a 1.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 133 points. Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Friday, December 8, 2017.
Air Force Falcons at UC Riverside Highlanders Free Preview
The Falcons fell to the Abilene Christian Wildcats in their last game, 62-58. With 13 points on 5-for-8 shooting, Trevor Lyons was Air Force’s high scorer. Abilene Christian forced the Falcons into a turnover percentage of 26.8 (above their season average of 17.5). Air Force, meanwhile, held the Wildcats to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 26.5).
In the Highlanders last game, they were defeated by the Pepperdine Waves, 70-59. Chance Murray was UC Riverside’s leading scorer with 15 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Pepperdine did a great job of converting from the free throw line (21-25; 84.0 percent). UC Riverside, meanwhile, held the Waves to an effective field goal percentage of 0.438 (below their season average of 0.516).
It could be an error-filled game for the UC Riverside offense. Dating back to last season, UC Riverside ranks 293rd in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.8 percent), while the disruptive defense of Air Force has forced the 11th-most turnovers in the nation (19.3 percent). ,
Of Air Force’s 6 games with betting action, three have finished over the O/U total, while 4 of UC Riverside’s 6 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Falcons have a clear advantage. They are 5-4 SU and 4-2 ATS, while the Highlanders are 2-6 SU and 2-4 ATS.
Air Force Falcons vs. UC Riverside Highlanders Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Air Force, ATS Winner – Air Force, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Highlanders rank 188th in blocks per game (2.9) while the Falcons rank 272nd (1.7).
- UC Riverside ranks 120th in steals per game (6.5) while Air Force ranks 148th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- Air Force ranks 40th in rebounds allowed per game (34.0) while UC Riverside ranks 264th (37.7).
- The Falcons rank 114th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while the Highlanders rank 274th (18.2).
- Air Force ranks 117th in assists per game (14.8) while UC Riverside ranks 270th (11.6).