The Army West Point Black Knights (6-4) and the Air Force Falcons (5-5) battle at Madison Square Garden. Action starts at 1:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 17, 2017.
Air Force Falcons vs. Army West Point Black Knights Odds Preview
The last time the Falcons played, they were blown out by the UC Riverside Highlanders, 67-48. With 16 points on 6-for-10 shooting, Ryan Swan-Ford led Air Force in scoring. UC Riverside had an effective field goal percentage of 0.606 (above their season average of 0.431). Air Force, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 18.5).
The Black Knights hope to keep it rolling after beating the St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers in their last contest, 76-64. Army West Point was lifted by Alex King, who was the games high scorer with 24 points on 8-for-13 shooting. The Black Knights held the Terriers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 25.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.429 (below the 0.493 mark opponents have averaged against Army West Point this season).
It will be a showdown of opposite styles as the fast-breaking Black Knights will look to push the slower-paced Falcons. The Black Knights rank 48th in possessions per game while the Falcons are 299th.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Black Knights won the lone game played against each other last season, 79-71. Army West Point’s 0.340 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Air Force, who had a mark of 0.188.
Air Force Falcons vs. Army West Point Black Knights Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Air Force, ATS Winner – Air Force, O/U – Under
- The Falcons average 6.1 steals per game, which ranks 128th in the nation. The Black Knights rank 154th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- Army West Point ranks 51st in rebounds per game (39.1) while Air Force ranks 260th (30.9).
- The Black Knights average 24.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 66th in the nation. The Falcons rank 210th in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- Army West Point ranks eighth in assists per game (19.0) while Air Force ranks 130th (13.9).
- The Black Knights have been outscored by an average of 0.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Army West Point has defeated opponents by an average of 6.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Falcons have scored an average of 62.0 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (1.8 below their season average).