MWC foes will collide when the San Diego State Aztecs (12-8, 4-5 MWC) challenge the Air Force Falcons (8-12, 2-6 MWC) at Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
Air Force Falcons vs. San Diego State Aztecs Odds Preview
In the Falcons last matchup, they lost to the Boise State Broncos, 70-64. With 19 points on 3-for-6 shooting, Ryan Swan was the top scorer from either team. Boise State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 27.5). Air Force, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (20-23; 87.0 percent).
The Aztecs are trying to rebound after their 88-78 loss to the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels in their last game. With 14 points and eight rebounds, Malik Pope put together a solid performance for San Diego State. UNLV had a much better free throw rate (0.276 vs. 0.132). San Diego State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.9 (above their season average of 32.6).
San Diego State appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Aztecs rank 75th in offensive efficiency, while the Falcons rank 289th in defensive efficiency.
Swan has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Air Force, averaging 14.4 points and 6.8 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Aztecs won the last matchup 51-38. The Aztecs played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 and a turnover percentage of 11.8. For those same stats, the Falcons were 14.3 and 22.7, respectively.
Air Force Falcons at San Diego State Aztecs Betting Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – San Diego State, ATS Winner – San Diego State, O/U – Over
- The Falcons average 6.2 steals per game, which ranks 128th in the NCAA. The Aztecs rank 139th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- San Diego State ranks 48th in rebounds per game (38.5) while Air Force ranks 248th (32.6).
- The Falcons average 23.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 93rd in the NCAA. The Aztecs rank 189th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- San Diego State ranks 89th in assists per game (14.9) while Air Force ranks 183rd in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- The Aztecs have been outscored by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. For the season, San Diego State has defeated opponents by an average of 9.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Falcons have scored an average of 68.6 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (1.3 above their season average).