The USC Upstate Spartans (2-4) and the Abilene Christian Wildcats (3-2) square off at John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. USC Upstate Spartans Betting Preview
In the Wildcats last game, they defeated the Campbell Fighting Camels, 85-80. Jaren Lewis led Abilene Christian in scoring with 17 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Abilene Christian dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.9 (below their season average of 26.4) and a turnover percentage of 16.7 (better than their season average of 17.5). For those same stats, Campbell put up marks of 18.8 and 17.5, respectively.
The Spartans are trying to rebound after their 83-74 loss to the Bowling Green Falcons in their last outing. Ramel Thompkins led USC Upstate in scoring with 18 points on 6-for-12 shooting. Bowling Green did an excellent job of making free throws (14-19; 73.7 percent). USC Upstate, on the other hand, held the Falcons to an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.3 (below their season average of 29.6).
When considering effective field goal percentage, Abilene Christian figures to have a noteworthy advantage. Since the 2016-17 season, the Wildcats offense ranks 51st in that metric at 0.538, while the USC Upstate defense ranks 167th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.499).
Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. USC Upstate Spartans Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – USC Upstate, ATS Winner – USC Upstate, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 47th in steals per game (7.4) while the Spartans rank 212th (5.6).
- USC Upstate ranks third in blocks allowed per game (1.9) while Abilene Christian ranks 53rd (2.9).
- USC Upstate ranks 54th in rebounds per game (38.3) while Abilene Christian ranks 304th (31.8).
- The Spartans rank 14th in three pointers attempted per game (26.3) while the Wildcats rank 256th (18.7).
- Abilene Christian ranks 100th in assists per game (14.5) while USC Upstate ranks 301st in assists allowed per game (16.0).