The No. 21 Texas Tech Red Raiders (10-1) can continue an eight-game home winning streak when they take on the Abilene Christian Wildcats (8-4) at United Supermarkets Arena. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders Betting Preview
The Wildcats won big over the Arlington Baptist Patriots in their last outing, 109-60. Jalone Friday was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Abilene Christian dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.750 (above their season average of 0.544) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 48.1 (above their season average of 25.3). Arlington Baptist was 0.434 and 30.2, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Red Raiders last game, they thoroughly outplayed the Florida Atlantic Owls, 90-54. Texas Tech was lifted by Jarrett Culver, who finished with 11 points. Texas Tech dominated every facet of the game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.9 (better than their season average of 15.5) and a free throw rate of 0.185 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Florida Atlantic recorded marks of 23.5 and 0.086, respectively.
Texas Tech appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Red Raiders rank 42nd in offensive efficiency, while Abilene Christian ranks 182nd in defensive efficiency.
Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Abilene Christian, ATS Winner – Abilene Christian, O/U – Under
- The Red Raiders are 32nd in the nation with 2.5 blocks allowed per game while the Wildcats are 54th with 2.3 blocks allowed per game.
- Texas Tech ranks 78th in rebounds per game (38.1) while Abilene Christian ranks 244th (34.1).
- The Red Raiders rank fifth in assists allowed per game (9.4) while the Wildcats rank 104th (11.5).
- Texas Tech averages 10.1 steals per game, which ranks seventh in the NCAA. Abilene Christian ranks 70th in steals allowed per game (5.2).
- The Red Raiders average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.2, down from 22.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 75.8 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 59.2 points per game (10.4 below their season average).