The Air Force Falcons (5-3) will be at home in Clune Arena when they go head-to-head against the Abilene Christian Wildcats (5-3). Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Abilene Christian Wildcats at Air Force Falcons Betting Preview
The Wildcats had no trouble getting past the Schreiner Mountaineers in their last outing, 71-43. Jalone Friday was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 8-for-11 shooting. The Wildcats forced 26 turnovers and held the Mountaineers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.311 (below their season average of 0.367).
In the Falcons last matchup, they beat the Western State Mountaineers, 79-67. Air Force rallied around Lavelle Scottie, who was the games leading scorer with 27 points on 11-for-14 shooting. Air Force played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 17.4 (better than their season average of 17.5) and a free throw rate of 0.185 (matching their season average). Western State was 26.1 and 0.163, respectively, for those same stats.
The aggressive Air Force offense seems poised to dominate from the foul line. The Falcons rank 76th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.275, while Abilene Christian ranks 306th in FTA rate allowed (0.288) dating back to last season. Moreover, the upper-echelon offense of the Wildcats ranks 60th in effective field goal percentage (0.537), while the Falcons have been 30th-worst in the nation at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.543).
Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. Air Force Falcons Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Abilene Christian, ATS Winner – Abilene Christian, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 186th in blocks per game (2.9) while the Falcons rank 276th (1.7).
- Air Force ranks 241st in rebounds per game (34.0) while Abilene Christian ranks 290th (32.0).
- Abilene Christian ranks 85th in assists per game (14.8) while Air Force ranks 268th in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- The Wildcats rank 135th in three pointers allowed per game (20.8) while the Falcons rank 306th (26.1).
- Abilene Christian ranks 38th in steals per game (7.5) while Air Force ranks 181st (6.0).