SthLnd foes will clash when the New Orleans Privateers (3-8) meet the Abilene Christian Wildcats (8-5) at Lakefront Arena. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017.
Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. New Orleans Privateers Betting Preview
In the Wildcats last matchup, they lost big to the No. 21 Texas Tech Red Raiders, 74-47. Abilene Christian’s Jaren Lewis had seven points and eight rebounds in the contest. Texas Tech had a free throw rate of 0.347 (above their season average of 0.254). Abilene Christian, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.7 vs. 16.9).
The Privateers are hoping for a better outcome after their 74-67 loss to the UAB Blazers in their last outing. With 12 points and eight rebounds, New Orleans Travin Thibodeaux played well. UAB had an effective field goal percentage of 0.670 (above their season average of 0.563). New Orleans, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.2 (above their season average of 32.7).
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of New Orleans. New Orleans ranks 345th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 24.8 percent), while the pesky defense of Abilene Christian forces the 26th-most turnovers in the nation (23.7 percent).
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after splitting two games last season. The Wildcats won the last game 70-69. Abilene Christian’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over New Orleans. The Wildcats had a rate of 0.643 while the Privateers posted a mark of 0.560.
Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. New Orleans Privateers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – New Orleans, ATS Winner – New Orleans, O/U – Under
- The Wildcats rank 176th in three pointers attempted per game (20.8) while the Privateers rank 273rd (12.9).
- Abilene Christian ranks 25th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while New Orleans ranks 84th (3.4).
- Abilene Christian ranks 56th in assists per game (16.2) while New Orleans ranks 224th in assists allowed per game (17.3).
- The Wildcats rank 15th in steals per game (9.0) while the Privateers rank 166th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- New Orleans ranks 15th in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while Abilene Christian ranks 127th (34.8).
- The Privateers have outscored opponents by an average of 4.6 points in their last five games. On the season, New Orleans has lost by an average of 2.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (6.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (4.5 below their season average).