The Chattanooga Mocs (6-6) will be at home in McKenzie Arena when they go head-to-head against the Georgia State Panthers (8-4). Action begins at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017.
Georgia State Panthers at Chattanooga Mocs Free Preview
In the Panthers last game, they beat the Massachusetts Minutemen, 71-63. D’Marcus Simonds was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 9-for-18 shooting. The Panthers forced 15 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.579 (above their season average of 0.518).
The Mocs come in on a high note after narrowly defeating the Jacksonville State Gamecocks in their last contest, 70-67. Rodney Chatman was a key piece for Chattanooga with 10 points and 14 assists. The Mocs had a better free throw rate (0.129 vs. 0.079) and held the Gamecocks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.492 (below their season average of 0.561).
It could be a sloppy game for the Chattanooga offense. Chattanooga ranks 298th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.5 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Georgia State forces the 12th-most turnovers in the NCAA (25.2 percent). Furthermore, the Panthers rank 262nd in offensive rebounding percentage (26.7 percent), while the Mocs rank 39th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.5 percent).
Makinde London has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Chattanooga, averaging 13.6 points, 8.4 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
Georgia State Panthers at Chattanooga Mocs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Chattanooga, ATS Winner – Chattanooga, O/U – Under
- The Panthers average 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 71st in the nation. The Mocs rank 123rd in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Chattanooga ranks seventh in three pointers allowed per game (15.9) while Georgia State ranks 210th (24.6).
- The Panthers rank 25th in steals per game (8.5) while the Mocs rank 193rd (4.5).
- Chattanooga ranks 43rd in assists allowed per game (11.4) while Georgia State ranks 106th (13.0).
- The Mocs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, down from 4.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (4.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (8.2 above their season average).