The Bowling Green Falcons (7-4) travel to Green Bay to play the Phoenix (5-6) in a game that will likely be up-tempo. Bowling Green is a 1-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 160.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 21, 2017.
Bowling Green Falcons at Green Bay Phoenix ATS Preview
In the Falcons last game, they got blown out by the Old Dominion Monarchs, 88-46. With 17 points on 7-for-13 shooting, Justin Turner was Bowling Green’s leading scorer. One of Old Dominion’s biggest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They had 29 free throw attempts, while Bowling Green had just 10.
The Phoenix come in on a high note after blowing out the Rockford University Regents in their last outing, 108-64. With 29 points on 11-for-21 shooting, Khalil Small was the top scorer from either team. Green Bay dominated every facet of the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 41.5 (above their season average of 28.3) and a turnover percentage of 15.2 (better than their season average of 18.0). Rockford University was 15.6 and 33.2, respectively, for those same stats.
There should be a fair amount of transition action in this contest that showcases two of the nations more fast-paced teams. Green Bay ranks 21st in possessions per game (73.7) and Bowling Green is 47th (74.5).
Of Bowling Green’s 5 games with betting action, three have finished over the projected point total, while 3 of Green Bay’s 6 games have finished over the projected point total. The Falcons have the superior straight up (SU) record (7-4 vs. 5-6), but the Phoenix hold the sizable advantage against the spread (ATS) (4-2 vs. 1-4).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Phoenix won the only game played against each other last season, 77-61. The Phoenix played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.351 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500. For those same stats, the Falcons were 0.148 and 0.426, respectively.
Bowling Green Falcons vs. Green Bay Phoenix Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Green Bay, ATS Winner – Green Bay, O/U – Under
- The Phoenix rank 137th in assists per game (13.3) while the Falcons rank 205th in assists allowed per game (16.1).
- Green Bay ranks 82nd in blocks per game (2.9) while Bowling Green ranks 138th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- Bowling Green is 1-1 ATS on the road, while Green Bay is 1-0 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 2 of the Falcons 2 road games, while 1 of the Phoenix’s 1 home games have gone under.
- Green Bay ranks 26th in rebounds per game (40.1) while Bowling Green ranks 210th in rebounds allowed per game (38.2).
- The Falcons rank 134th in three pointers attempted per game (22.5) while the Phoenix rank 210th in three pointers allowed per game (25.2).
- Bowling Green ranks 29th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Green Bay ranks 104th (7.5).
- Green Bay is 2-1 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Bowling Green is 0-3 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under.
- The Phoenix’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.4, up from 5.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Falcons have scored an average of 76.4 points per game (4.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 84.6 points per game (1.7 above their season average).