The Brooklyn Nets (11-18) will be at home in Barclays Center when they clash against the Sacramento Kings (10-20). Brooklyn is a 5.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 207 points. Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Sacramento Kings vs. Brooklyn Nets ATS Preview
The Kings were victorious over the Philadelphia 76ers in their last game, 101-95. With 24 points and five rebounds, Buddy Hield had a solid game for Sacramento. The Kings forced 19 turnovers and held the 76ers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.481 (below the 0.546 mark opponents have averaged against Sacramento this season).
The last time the Nets played, they were defeated by the Indiana Pacers, 109-97. With 14 points, Caris LeVert had a solid performance for Brooklyn. Indiana held the Nets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.9 (below their season average of 21.9). Brooklyn, meanwhile, forced the Pacers into a turnover percentage of 15.1 (above the 11.7 mark opponents have averaged against Brooklyn this season).
It will be a showdown of opposite paces as the fast-paced Nets (ranked third in the league in possessions per game) will look to push the slower-paced Kings (27th in possessions per game).
Of Sacramento’s 29 games that accepted bets, 14 have finished over the projected point total, while 15 of Brooklyn’s 29 games have finished under the O/U total. The Nets come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 11-18 SU and 17-12 ATS, while the Kings are 10-20 SU and 12-14-3 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Nets won the last contest 109-100. The Nets played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.405 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.3. For those same stats, the Kings were 0.235 and 23.3, respectively.
Sacramento Kings vs. Brooklyn Nets ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kings, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
- The Kings rank ninth in steals per game (8.3) while the Nets rank 25th (6.8). Sacramento averages 42.3 points in the paint per game, which ranks 18th in the league. Brooklyn ranks 23rd in points allowed in the paint per game (46.3).
- Brooklyn ranks 12th in fast break points per game (11.4) while Sacramento ranks 26th (8.4).
- Sacramento is 5-9-3 ATS on the road, while Brooklyn is 7-6 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 8 of the Nets 13 home games, while 9 of the Kings 17 road games have gone over.
- Sacramento is 5-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Brooklyn is 6-0.
- The Kings are 6-4 when they score above 100 points, while the Nets are 9-14.
- The Nets rank 14th in assists per game (22.5) while the Kings rank 25th (20.7).
- Brooklyn ranks second in three pointers attempted per game (34.0) while Sacramento ranks 29th (22.4).
- The Nets rank eighth in rebounds per game (44.9) while the Kings rank 27th (39.7).
- The Nets rank 21st in points off turnovers per game (15.7) while the Kings rank 26th (15.3).
- Sacramento ranks eighth in blocks allowed per game (4.4) while Brooklyn ranks 25th (5.5).
- Brooklyn is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Nets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.8, up from 3.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 95.2 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.2 points per game (2.0 below their season average).