The Golden State Warriors (24-6) and the Memphis Grizzlies (9-21) go head-to-head at ORACLE Arena. The Warriors will attempt to extend their nine-game winning streak. Action gets underway at 10:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Golden State Warriors Odds Preview
The Grizzlies fell to the Boston Celtics in their last contest, 102-93. With 30 points on 11-for-19 shooting, Marc Gasol was the games high scorer. Boston had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 21.0). Memphis, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (15-17; 88.2 percent).
The last time the Warriors played, they defeated the Los Angeles Lakers, 116-114. Golden State rallied around Kevin Durant, who was the top scorer from either team with 36 points on 10-for-29 shooting. Golden State out-rebounded Los Angeles. The Warriors had more offensive rebounds (15 vs. seven), defensive rebounds (46 vs. 38) and total rebounds (61 vs. 45).
It will be a showdown of opposite paces as the up-tempo Warriors will look to push the more grind-it-out Grizzlies. The Warriors rank fifth in possessions per game while the Grizzlies are 30th. Moreover, the Grizzlies rank 27th in offensive efficiency (101.9), while the Warriors rank fourth in defensive efficiency (102.2).
Of Memphis 30 games, 20 have finished under the projected point total, while 16 of Golden State’s 30 games have finished over the O/U total. The Warriors come into this game with a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 24-6 SU and 14-16 ATS, while the Grizzlies are 9-21 SU and 10-19-1 ATS.
Durant has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Golden State, averaging 30.8 points, 9.6 rebounds, 6.8 assists and 2.6 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 212 points, just under the projected point total of 212.5. The Grizzlies won 111-101, covering as 8.5-point underdogs. The Grizzlies dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.377 and a turnover percentage of 13.0. For those same stats, the Warriors were 0.274 and 15.1, respectively. Gasol recorded a double-double with 34 points and 14 rebounds.
Memphis Grizzlies at Golden State Warriors Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Under
- The Warriors rank sixth in rebounds per game (45.2) while the Grizzlies rank 28th (39.1).
- Memphis ranks 14th in points off turnovers per game (16.9) while Golden State ranks 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.1).
- Memphis ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (40.7) while Golden State ranks 22nd (46.0).
- Golden State ranks 24th in second chance points per game (10.0) while Memphis ranks 27th (9.8).
- Golden State is 6-7 ATS at home, while Memphis is 5-6-1 ATS on the road.
- The Grizzlies have 6 unders, 5 overs and 1 push in 12 road games.
- In 13 home games, the Warriors have 7 unders and 6 overs.
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Golden State is 8-1 and Memphis is 7-5.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Warriors are 23-4 and the Grizzlies are 4-6.
- The Grizzlies rank ninth in steals allowed per game (7.3) while the Warriors rank 26th (8.8).
- Golden State averages 22.0 fast break points per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Memphis ranks 25th in fast break points allowed per game (13.4).
- The Warriors rank first in blocks per game (8.6) while the Grizzlies rank 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- The Warriors rank eighth in three pointers attempted per game (30.6) while the Grizzlies rank 11th in three pointers allowed per game (27.7).
- Golden State ranks first in assists per game (30.6) while Memphis ranks 24th (20.8).
- Golden State is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Memphis is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Warriors average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.4, down from 10.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 91.8 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 99.6 points per game (1.6 below their season average).