The Seattle Redhawks (8-5) will try to prolong a seven-game home winning streak when they challenge the California Golden Bears (5-6) at KeyArena. Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
California Golden Bears vs. Seattle Redhawks ATS Preview
The last time the Golden Bears played, they defeated the Cal State Fullerton Titans, 95-89. Darius McNeill was the games high scorer with 30 points on 11-for-17 shooting. California played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.301) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.1 (above their season average of 33.6). Cal State Fullerton recorded marks of 0.317 and 25.7, respectively, for those same stats.
The Redhawks will look to maintain momentum after beating the Portland Pilots in their last matchup, 89-76. With 23 points on 8-for-16 shooting, Jordan Hill was the top scorer from either team. Seattle dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 18.3) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.2 (above their season average of 31.9). For those same stats, Portland recorded marks of 16.6 and 37.0, respectively.
The high-octane offense of Seattle (39th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 116.2) will go head-to-head against the bottom-tier defense of California (308th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 110.2). The Redhawks figure to have the edge on that end of the court. Furthermore, the Golden Bears, who rank 18th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.321), will clash against the Redhawks, who rank 280th in opponents FTA rate (0.284).
California Golden Bears vs. Seattle Redhawks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Seattle, ATS Winner – Seattle, O/U – Under
- The Redhawks rank 15th in rebounds allowed per game (30.5) while the Golden Bears rank 92nd (33.5).
- California ranks 115th in steals per game (6.4) while Seattle ranks 138th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- Seattle ranks 49th in three pointers attempted per game (25.8) while California ranks 266th (14.5).
- The Redhawks rank 39th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while the Golden Bears rank 194th (16.0).
- California ranks 11th in blocks per game (6.1) while Seattle ranks 123rd (3.1).
- The Redhawks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.8, up from 8.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Bears have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (0.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.8 points per game (2.8 below their season average).