The Philadelphia 76ers (14-13) will be at home in Wells Fargo Center when they clash against the Oklahoma City Thunder (13-14). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 210 points with Philadelphia opening as a 2-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 15, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Philadelphia 76ers Free Preview
The Thunder beat the Indiana Pacers in their last matchup, 100-95. With 10 points, 17 rebounds and 12 assists, Russell Westbrook led the way for Oklahoma City with his eighth triple-double this year. Oklahoma City dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.170 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.4 (above their season average of 26.5). Indiana had marks of 0.045 and 23.9, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the 76ers played, they defeated the Minnesota Timberwolves, 118-112. With 28 points on 8-for-16 shooting, Joel Embiid was Philadelphia’s high scorer. The 76ers made 27 of their 32 free throws (84.4 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.569 (above their season average of 0.517).
When considering effective field goal percentage, Philadelphia figures to have a significant advantage. The 76ers defense ranks fourth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.502), while the Oklahoma City offense is ranked 27th in effective field goal percentage (0.494). Of Oklahoma City’s 27 games, 17 have finished under the projected point total, while 14 of Philadelphia’s 27 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have mediocre straight up (SU) records (13-14 for Oklahoma City; 14-13 for Philadelphia), but the 76ers have the edge against the spread (ATS). Philadelphia is 16-11 ATS, while the Thunder are 8-18-1.
Steven Adams has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Oklahoma City, averaging 16.6 points and 10.4 rebounds per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Thunder won both games played against each other last season. In the most recent game, Oklahoma City won 122-97. The Thunder played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 48.6 and a superb free throw rate of 0.250. For those same stats, the 76ers had marks of 14.3 and 0.172, respectively.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Philadelphia 76ers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank fifth in points in the paint per game (47.5) while the Thunder rank 23rd (40.7).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (48.8) while Oklahoma City ranks 14th (43.7).
- Oklahoma City ranks fourth in second chance points per game (14.7) while Philadelphia ranks 20th in second chance points allowed per game (13.2).
- Oklahoma City ranks sixth in fast break points per game (14.2) while Philadelphia ranks ninth in fast break points allowed per game (10.2).
- On the road, Oklahoma City is 3-11 ATS with 9 unders and 5 overs.
- At home, Philadelphia is 8-5 ATS with 8 unders and 5 overs.
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Philadelphia is 4-0 and Oklahoma City is 10-4.
- The Thunder are 11-6 when they reach 100 points, while the 76ers are 13-8.
- The Thunder average 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 14th in the NBA. The 76ers rank 28th in blocks allowed per game (5.9).
- Oklahoma City averages 10.0 steals per game, which ranks first in the league. Philadelphia ranks last in steals allowed per game (9.1).
- The Thunder average 19.5 points off turnovers per game, which ranks first in the league. The 76ers rank 25th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.6).
- The Thunder rank 15th in three pointers attempted per game (29.7) while the 76ers rank 21st in three pointers allowed per game (30.1).
- Philadelphia ranks third in assists per game (26.1) while Oklahoma City ranks 24th (20.8).
- Philadelphia is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oklahoma City is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The 76ers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.0, up from 0.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 100.0 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.2 points per game (1.8 above their season average).