The Colorado Buffaloes (7-3) will be at home in Coors Events Center when they clash against the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (7-3). Colorado opened as a 2.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 149 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 15, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
South Dakota State Jackrabbits at Colorado Buffaloes ATS Preview
The Jackrabbits won big over the North Dakota Fighting Hawks in their last game, 99-63. Mike Daum was the games high scorer with 25 points on 8-for-14 shooting. South Dakota State dominated every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.232) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.634 (above their season average of 0.544). North Dakota recorded marks of 0.164 and 0.434, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Buffaloes played, they were dismantled by the San Diego Toreros, 69-59. George King led Colorado in scoring with 14 points on 4-for-16 shooting. San Diego held the Buffaloes to an effective field goal percentage of 0.287 (below their season average of 0.526). Colorado, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 11.5 (better than their season average of 18.4).
A focal point for the Colorado offense is getting to the free throw line. The Buffaloes rank 49th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.288), but South Dakota State is among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking 14th by yielding a FTA rate of 0.162). Furthermore, the Jackrabbits rank 13th in turnover percentage (15.2 percent), while the Buffaloes rank 306th in opponents turnover percentage (16.9 percent).
South Dakota State Jackrabbits vs. Colorado Buffaloes Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Dakota State, ATS Winner – South Dakota State, O/U – Under
- The Jackrabbits are 20th in the NCAA with 2.4 blocks allowed per game while the Buffaloes are 37th with 2.7 blocks allowed per game.
- South Dakota State ranks 22nd in three pointers attempted per game (27.5) while Colorado ranks 196th in three pointers allowed per game (23.4).
- The Jackrabbits rank 68th in assists per game (15.4) while the Buffaloes rank 230th (11.4).
- Colorado ranks 40th in rebounds per game (39.6) while South Dakota State ranks 128th in rebounds allowed per game (34.8).
- The Buffaloes have been outscored by an average of 3.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Colorado has defeated opponents by an average of 4.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Jackrabbits have scored an average of 87.8 points per game (4.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.0 points per game (6.6 above their season average).