The Sacramento Kings (13-30), who are currently riding a five-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Utah Jazz (17-26) to Golden 1 Center. Utah opened as a 3.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 201.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 17, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Utah Jazz vs. Sacramento Kings Betting Preview
The Jazz fell to the Indiana Pacers in their last outing, 109-94. With 23 points on 8-for-16 shooting, Donovan Mitchell led Utah in scoring. Indiana was lights out from beyond the arc (14-26; 53.8 percent). Utah, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.8 vs. 14.3).
In the Kings’ last game, they were beaten by the Oklahoma City Thunder, 95-88. Buddy Hield led Sacramento in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-15 shooting. Oklahoma City had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.7 (above their season average of 27.1). Sacramento, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (13.0 vs. 15.4).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the leagues slowest-paced teams square off. Sacramento currently ranks 25th in possessions per game (97.2) and Utah is 28th (96.5).
Of Utah’s 43 games, 23 have finished under the projected point total, while 22 of Sacramento’s 43 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Jazz have a clear advantage. They are 17-26 SU and 21-22 ATS, while the Kings are 13-30 SU and 17-23-3 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Jazz, it’s been Mitchell, who has averaged 23.4 points and 1.2 steals, while the Kings have gotten solid contributions from Bogdan Bogdanovic (16.2 points and 4.2 assists).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Jazz won three out of four games last season. In the last matchup, Utah won 112-82. The Jazz dominated every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.9 and an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.614. The Kings were 5.3 and 0.467, respectively, for those same stats.
Utah Jazz vs. Sacramento Kings Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kings, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Over
- The Jazz rank fourth in fast break points allowed per game (9.4) while the Kings rank 18th (12.0).
- Sacramento ranks 18th in points in the paint per game (43.0) while Utah ranks 25th (41.4).
- Utah ranks 12th in points off turnovers per game (17.0) while Sacramento ranks 25th (14.9).
- Neither of these teams are great at rebounding the ball. Utah is 26th in the NBA with 40.8 rebounds per game while Sacramento is 28th with 40.2 rebounds per game.
- Sacramento is 9-11 ATS at home, while Utah is 8-14 ATS on the road.
- In 22 road games, the Jazz have 12 overs, 9 unders and 1 push.
- The Kings have 11 overs and 9 unders in 20 home games.
- When allowing under 100 points, Utah is 10-4 and Sacramento is 8-4.
- The Kings are 9-9 when they reach the century mark, while the Jazz are 15-10.
- The Jazz rank 15th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Kings rank 26th (4.0).
- Utah ranks eighth in three pointers attempted per game (30.3) while Sacramento ranks 29th (22.6).
- The Jazz rank fourth in assists allowed per game (20.3) while the Kings rank 25th (24.2).
- The Kings rank 21st in second chance points per game (11.6) while the Jazz rank 26th (10.4).
- Utah ranks second in steals per game (9.2) while Sacramento ranks 18th in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- Sacramento is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Utah is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Kings average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.8, up from 8.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 96.4 points per game (4.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 102.8 points per game (0.9 above their season average).