The Drake Bulldogs (10-8, 4-1 MVC) can prolong a six-game home winning streak when they take on the Evansville Aces (12-6, 2-3 MVC) at Knapp Center. Action gets underway at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Evansville Aces at Drake Bulldogs ATS Preview
In the Aces last contest, they defeated the Missouri State Bears, 64-55. With 10 points and 11 rebounds, Evansville’s Dainius Chatkevicius played well. Evansville dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.283) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.0 (above their season average of 28.4). For those same stats, Missouri State put up marks of 0.103 and 23.7, respectively.
The Bulldogs are hoping for a better outcome after their 77-60 loss to the Valparaiso Crusaders in their last outing. Graham Woodward was Drake’s high scorer with 15 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Valparaiso held the Bulldogs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.8 (below their season average of 25.5). Drake, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (8-11; 72.7 percent).
Second-chance opportunities might be scarce for Drake in this meeting. The Bulldogs are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 290th in offensive rebounding percentage at 25.0 percent. Meanwhile, Evansville ranks 42nd in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 75.2 percent. Also, the Aces rank 46th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.286), while the Bulldogs rank 18th in opponents FTA rate (0.170).
Nick McGlynn has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Drake, averaging 11.8 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. The Aces won the last contest 87-70. The Aces played a flawless game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 44.0 and a solid turnover percentage of 9.7. For those same stats, the Bulldogs had marks of 20.0 and 11.9, respectively.
Evansville Aces vs. Drake Bulldogs Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Evansville, ATS Winner – Evansville, O/U – Over
- The Bulldogs average 6.2 steals per game, which ranks 119th in the NCAA. The Aces rank 165th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- Drake ranks 96th in three pointers attempted per game (23.6) while Evansville ranks 281st (13.3).
- The Aces rank third in rebounds allowed per game (29.1) while the Bulldogs rank 152nd (35.6).
- Drake ranks 39th in assists per game (16.3) while Evansville ranks 122nd (13.8).
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.2, up from 2.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aces have scored an average of 64.0 points per game (4.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.4 points per game (3.4 below their season average).