The Toledo Rockets (7-5) will attempt to put an end to the six-game winning streak of Penn when they travel to Palestra to take on the Quakers (9-3). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 147 points with Penn opening as a 6-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017.
Toledo Rockets at Penn Quakers Odds Preview
The Rockets defeated the Cleveland State Vikings in their last game, 77-62. Jaelan Sanford was the games high scorer with 20 points on 8-for-14 shooting. The Rockets held the Vikings to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below the 28.7 mark opponents have averaged against Toledo this season) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.614 (above their season average of 0.527).
In the Quakers last matchup, they blew out the Delaware State Hornets, 105-52. Penn rallied around Jarrod Simmons, who was the games leading scorer with 12 points on 2-for-4 shooting. Penn dominated every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.368 (above their season average of 0.210) and a turnover percentage of 9.3 (better than their season average of 15.2). Delaware State was 0.182 and 18.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Penn should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Penn ranks 52nd in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.8 percent), while Toledo forces the ninth-fewest turnovers (15.5 percent).
Games involving these teams have a tendency to go over the projected point total. Toledo games have gone over 55.6 percent of the time, while 87.5 percent of Penn games have gone over. The Quakers hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (9-3 vs. 7-5), but the Rockets have been superior against the spread (ATS) (4-5 vs. 3-5).
Toledo Rockets vs. Penn Quakers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Penn, ATS Winner – Toledo, O/U – Under
- The Quakers allow the 10th-fewest assists per game (9.9) while the Rockets rank 59th (11.8).
- Penn ranks 50th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Toledo ranks 86th (3.3).
- Penn ranks 24th in rebounds per game (40.6) while Toledo ranks 182nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- The Quakers average 27.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 31st in the NCAA. The Rockets rank 152nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.7).
- Penn ranks 17th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Toledo ranks 93rd (6.3).
- The Quakers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.8, up from 13.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 81.0 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (1.3 below their season average).